13 Recommendations for 2013 Collections Resolutions
- Draft or update a 5-year strategic plan for collections improvements.
- Verify or update all staff and emergency response contact information.
- Develop a public program or staff development activity for Preservation Week.
- Attend C2C’s pair of May Day preparedness and recovery workshops.
- Make progress on your institution’s collections inventory.
- Consider assessment programs: CAP, MAP, StEPs, FOCoS.
- Write a guest post for our blog and/or submit an artifact image and info to our “Treasures” pages.
- Involve one or more board members from your institution in collections activities.
- Renew or become a member of the North Carolina Museum Council and attend NCMC’s 50th anniversary annual meeting in Raleigh.
- Renew or become a member of the North Carolina Preservation Consortium (NCPC).
- Push your institution to renew or become a member of the Federation of North Carolina Historical Societies.
- Create a PReP plan for your institution. http://www.statearchivists.org/prepare/framework/prep.htm
- Take steps to strengthen or establish your own local network of cultural heritage practitioners for disaster response and/ or supplies & skills sharing.
Posted on January 3, 2013, in collections access, collections care, Connecting to Collections, disaster preparedness, workshops and tagged assessments, Federation of North Carolina Historical Societies, May Day, NCMC, NCPC, Preservation Week. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.